Gender bias in Family Court

Lindenhurst, NY |

What constitutes gender bias by the judge or arbitrator in Family Court?

Gender bias by a Judge is very difficult to prove. The Judge would have basically said I believe women (or men as the case maybe) are entitled to "x" because of their gender. Beyond that if the Judge m,akes a ruling that can be justified by any other rationale you will not be able to allege gender bias. You can file an appeal from a ruling, or file a complaint with the Judicial Review Board if you show bias.

The above is a general answer and is not considered legal advice. You should contact an attorney before proceeding to take any legal action, signing any papers or upon service of a summons. Howard E. Knispel 631-864-7589

Gender bias is exceptionally difficult to establish, since a Judge will never articulate on the record that he prefers one parent over another and that preference is based on gender. As the previous poster indicated, if the judge in your case has made a ruling/decision that you are not happy with, your recourse is to appeal the decision.

Need more information.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.