Skip to main content

Frustrated.. I was hit the other day, im in pain, ..when hit we were treated poorly to include asked why were we there .. then

Atlanta, GA |

followed by the other drive that hit us and they drove straight toward us, laughing , jestures etc.. what do i do about the fact that i was hit by the driver, no physical damage to car other than a small dent but we were hit hard and they all stood around harassing us, laughing including the cop. the other driver and father then rode around us 4 times. called the police back to the scene and they refused to go after him stating they don't arrest for obnoxious behavior. I was told what do i expect i near forsyth, they are racist. i was told to contact the mayor about the racism.. Is this what i do.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5



You worry about the injury and damages. You get all the needed medical attention and do that right away. And you hire an experienced personal injury lawyer (do that IMMEDIATELY so evidence can be preserved).

You do NOT talk to the police, the mayor or the insurer for the other driver. All those steps will damage your potential case.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.


Please strongly consider hiring a lawyer to assist you. There are a variety of issues that you present that an experiienced personal injury/insurance lawyer can help you with. There are several clauses in most car insurance policies that could be problematic - for example, the intentional acts exclusion, present in many policies. This clause excludes coverage for intentional acts, as opposed to accidents, or, unintentional acts. I hope this helps.


If you were injured, I would call a lawyer and let them represent you in a claim against them for any injuries sustained in this accident.


Contact and consult with an Atlanta personal injury attorney. Go to the "find a lawyer" tab.


Retain a local lawyer for representation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer