Skip to main content

From 200 hr community service,only 50 hr completed,case is misdemeanor,i have been busy with my mom medical condition ..........

Woodland Hills, CA |

i could nt finished the service beside the place i go for community service only offers on Sundays work and i was not be able to go there, do u think judge will order to the jail or if i ask the judge and describe about the situation and like i have been employed full time is a chance to get second extension. what is the law in California?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Go back to court now before the date of completion has passed. Bring all the proof you can of your mothers medical condition and request an extension.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at


Attorney Driessen is correct. Courts hate when people ignore their obligations and wait until it is too late to inform them. You have a much better chance of simply getting more time to complete your community service, if you get before the Court earlier, on your own request, to inform the Court of the problem.

The information provided herein does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is to suggerst some general principles and should not be relied upon for client decisions. Only upon the hiring of counsel can such advice be custom-tailored to the client's specific situation and needs.


I agree with both answers previously given. If you can't do the community service on Sundays, the judge may also advise you to find another place to do your community service. Most important thing, as previously stated, is to put your case on calendar and request an extension, BEFORE the due date of your 200 hours.

The fact that I have answered this question does not establish an attorney client relationship between the questioner and my self or my office. For a FREE consultation, contact me at (626) 600-1439.