Skip to main content

Fraudulent immigration lawyer?

San Francisco, CA |

In the bay area their is a woman whom claims to be an immigration lawyer but is not. She has a law degree in another country. The amount of money she is asking for to help people is outstanding. She has a radio show and plenty of followers due to her fear tactics she applies when speaking on air. Can anything be done with a person like this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

Contacting the CA state bar will be helpful if she is an attorney in CA. If she is actually not a licensed attorney, then the state bar will state that they cannot do anything. I would then contact either the city attorney as another suggested or the CA Attorney General who investigates the unlawful practice of law.


Yes. report her to the authorities.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


You can report her to the California State Bar.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues ... call the CA State Bar.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Contact the State Bar. The City attorney may also be interested in pursuing her if she is in fact defrauding the public

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104