Skip to main content

Form N-400: Spouse's address - Should I enter "with me" or complete address?

Boston, MA |

Form N-400: Part 8 Information about your marital history

Question B: If you are now married, give the following information about your spouse

The item # 5 is the address of the spouse.

Should I enter my own address again as I and my spouse live together or should I write simply "With me"?

Please note that on Part 9: Information about your children, the form instructions say if the children are living with the applicant, enter "With me" but there doesn't seem to be a similar instruction for spouse's address if they live together at the same address.


+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Should provide the full address.

Phone: 603-296-2222; Email: LawServe - 15 Stark St., Manchester, NH. The information provided is for informational purposes only, and is not to be construed as legal advice or a creation of an attorney/client relationship.


Enter complete full postal address as required. "With me" is not an address where the mail is delivered to. Also, it is advisable to have your case reviewed by a professional before you submit anything to avoid any delays or RFEs.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


The instructions are clear "with me" is not an address ... put in the address.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Either way is fine. Instead as "with me" write "same as in part.... "

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer