Skip to main content

Form I-751 questions. Does it matter in any way that we have 2 apartments? Is it OK for us to mention only one apartment?

State College, PA |

I am completing the form I-751 and I need to give them my address. My husband and I have 2 apartments. We use them both and we have things at both apartments. We sleep in both apartments, cook in both of them. We wash our cloths in one of the apartments because that is where our washing machine is, and we use the other apartment for when we want to hang out and relax. Our official address is at the first apartment. That is where we get our mail. I want to do the right thing and complete the form truthfully. What address should I use? Do I need to mention both apartments? Is it enough to mention only the apartment where we get our mail at? Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Answer the questions truthfully. When asked your resident address give the address where you live. Whn asked the mailing address give the mailing address. it is always best to reveal such circumstances before a USCIS officer discovers the situation and determines that you have either not told the truth or deliberately withheld information. The situation does raise a red flag as to whether you live together and have a bona fide marriage. As long as you have evidence you will be fine.


These cases are very tricky. They do a lot of background checking and will find all kinds of information. you do not want to seem like you are omitting anything. Omission as seen the same as lying. It is best to have your application done by an immigration attorney who can handle these issues for you and prevent any errors that can have severe consequences.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Any information provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer under an attorney-client privilege to further receive competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your case. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Mayra Calo at 813-915-1715


Yes, you should definitely list both apartments. Not doing so would be fraud.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Tell the truth. Nothing is wrong with having two apartments.


List both

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer