Skip to main content

Form 131

Long Beach, CA |

I am married with a U.S. citizen .I have applied for adjustment of status couple days ago but I did NOT file a I-131 reentry permit.
How long should I wait before traveling outside the U.S. ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You need to wait until you receive your green card.


Unless you have an approved i131 or green card if you travel before your green card is approved your entire application will be deeemed abandoned


If you didn't file a I-131 re-entry permit, then you'll have to travel until your case is approved and you have your green card.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.


You can still file I-131 and travel with an advance parole, or wait until your green-card arrives.

DISCLAIMER: The information appearing here is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal advice to any individual or entity. We urge you to contact us at (310) 988-5092 or or consult with your own legal advisor before taking any action based on information appearing here.