Skip to main content

Forging my signature on tax returns for years, forged it W/ HELOC loan and Charles Schwab accounts, how can this be legal?

Abita Springs, LA |

when asked about tax returns ..I was always "put off" He also forged POA documents giving his CPA's my POA . during the divorce found out he had a HELOC loan and it was up to 200,000 and my signature was forged. I'm told no damages ( Heloc money was supposedly used for community benefit) and I have no grounds to file ANY suit. CS account he made himself beneficiary by forgery. He is CEO of a big company and has forged my signature 16 times on important documents (one of which was notarized by his secretary . Denver PD claimed they checked in to it and it was the one and only time he forged and falsely notarized .. secretary got a complaint filed in her notary file!)and I am told no grounds for any type of recourse on my behalf ( no damages from forgeries) How possible?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I find it hard to believe that you have no recourse as to your husband's signing of your name to documents. Who provided that information to you? Your family law attorney? If you relied on what your husband's attorneys or advisors have stated in assessing the strength of your legal position, you are making a big mistake.

I suggest that you consult with an experienced civil fraud litigator to ascertain your rights. That litigator, in turn, may retain a fraud investigator to get to the bottom of this situation. Based upon what you have written, it certainly appears that your husband has improperly benefited from his forgery, especially his signing over of the Schwab accounts solely into his name.

Good luck!

The answer to this question does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Moreover, this attorney is licensed to practiced law ONLY in the State of California. Answers to questions from users in other jurisdictions or states are meant to provide only general information. Users should contact a local attorney in their jurisdiction or state to address their specific tax issue.