Skip to main content

Foreclosure auction sale.

Tampa, FL |

if i win an foreclosure auction through the county clerk, pay for the property, get the bill of sale and then during the 10day period where i shouldwait for the certificate of title there is an objection.
what happens to the process and what happens to my money.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need an attorney to address the objections to sale. If you prevail, the certificate of title will be issued. If you do not prevail and the sale is voided, the amount you paid will be refunded.

Please note that the above is not intended as legal advice, it is for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is created or is intended to be created hereby. You should contact a local attorney to discuss and to obtain legal advice.


You can check with the clerk of courts to see if any objections have been filed. It is unclear if one was actually filed. If one has been filed then your money will be held by the clerk pending resolution of the objection. I would suggest hiring counsel if an objection gets filed. They may be able to speed the process along and will certainly protect your rights and your money.

This answer is provided without full consultation and is suggestive in nature and not to be considered legal advice without entering into a formal legal engagement with an attorney. Before you decide, ask any lawyer to send you free written information about their qualifications and experience. This answer is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.


If there is an objection to the sale, you would need to have that objection resolved before the Certificate of Title is issued. You would ask the Court to confirm the sale and the party making the objection would ask that the sale be set aside.

Generally, it is difficult for a party to set aside a foreclosure sale, unless there is a substantial irregularity with the sale process. You may wish to review 45.031, Florida Statutes.