Skip to main content

For a crack-fall-side walk suing the Town of Greenwich CT, do you have to send a letter and in how many days or months?

Riverside, CT |

facial broken bone and displaced facial bone. because of a crack-fall-side walk suing the Town of Greenwich CT, do you have to send a letter and in how many days or months to send the Notice of Claims?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6

Best Answer

Pursuant to Connecticut General Statute 13a-149 you have to notify the town within 90 days.


I fully agree with the 90 day time frame.


90 days

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


I defer entirely to the CT lawyers because they are licensed there and I am not. However, no matter where you are, it is extremely risky to handle a case against any governmental entity on the "do-itself-plan". I highly recommend that you retain one of the AVVO CT attorneys ASAP.

The statutory notice requirement is only one of many traps for the unwary that lurk in the procedural maze that all government at every level has set up. Here's more: [Blue Link Below]

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.


Outside providing notice within 90 days, we also recommend photographing the sidewalk defect. Contact our office or another Connecticut attorney to discuss this issue.

You should retain an attorney to address this issue. The above answer is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. I have provided this answer only based on the information presented in the question. The specific actions or answers to this issue require additional information. The above information and answering this question does not constitute an attorney-client privilege. I am not responsible for any issues, problems or losses from any reliance on this answer and information, and the consequences of such reliance.


The above responding attorneys are correct and I would also advise you to contact a CT personal injury attorney because the notice must contain certain detailed information in order to be valid. Depending upon what caused the crack, you might also have a claim against the abutting property owner. Good luck to you.

PLEASE NOTE: This post is intended as general information only, and is not provided as legal advice in connection with any specific case, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.