Skip to main content

Following my prior post ""

Piscataway, NJ |
It took time for me to contract a lawyer. We have a witness who told us saw everything. He helped to move my son to a safe place after the accident and called my wife. However, it also takes time to have his witness statement due to his new job moving.
Anyway, the other party's insurance keep pushing us. Last week, they even sent a letter to charge us more than $2600 for the car damage!!!!!!!! They hit a kid and charge the kid as pedestrian for the damage of their car? They even told us if not receive payment in one week, they will take further action. Here is my question: Should I care about their request? How should I respond them? Anyway I will not pay them one cent now. I told them to sue.

No, The lawyers I contacted are still investigating to see if they can contract with me. I guess that is the basic process all the lawyers do. I still have not contracted lawyer. I am asking without a lawyer now, how should I deal with this thing? I guess that is the strategy of the insurance company to finish the case as sooner as possible. I plan to play with them for a few years . One of the lawyer told me at this stage none can I do. He also told me this is a property claim, even he has contract with me, he does not deal with property claim. True or not?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


The whole point of having hired an attorney is for the attorney to deal with the insurance company. Call your attorney and ask them to send a letter of represenation informing the insurance compnany that you are represented and they should NOT be contacting you, directly, for ANY reason!! Let your attorney deal with this and any other request from here on out!!

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.


It sounds as if you have a lawyer now… that’s a good thing. Give the letter to you lawyer and let him/her handle it. You can also provide the letter to your insurance company.


It sounds as if you have a lawyer now… that’s a good thing. Give the letter to you lawyer and let him/her handle it. You can also provide the letter to your insurance company.


If you have contracted with a lawyer, then you should let the lawyer handle all communication with the insurance company.

It should be understood that even though I am answering your question, no attorney-client relationship exists between us. It should be further understood that while I am doing my best to answer your question based upon the information you provided, I do not have the complete facts and my answer might well be different, if I had more complete information. For these reasons, it is always best to consult either in person or by telephone with a lawyer and discuss your issues in detail.


I agree with my colleagues, this is something to talk to your lawyer about. Good luck.

I have been licensed to practice in the State of Oregon since 1990. I am not offering legal advice regarding your question, only general information regarding the law. You are not my client nor am I your attorney unless we sign a retainer agreement.


This is the job a a personal injury lawyer.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
1515 Market St #1510
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer