Skip to main content

FOIR request ?

San Francisco, CA |

Can I make request for a school SEVIS (under ICE and DHS) records under the Freedom of Information act ?
Can a non citizen or a illegal alien make such a request ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes as long as the information does not fall under some exception to release

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


A non-citizen or undocumented immigrant can make a FIOA request; however, be cautious--or at least aware--of providing information that indicates that you are illegally present in the U.S. Good luck to you.

You can reach DeWitt-Lopez Law, P.C. by calling 602.263.3900 or visiting All of my responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and my response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. I am licensed to practice in the State of Arizona. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.



(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.