Skip to main content

Flying to hawaii

Long Branch, NJ |

I have applied to deferred action i have done my finger print and i m still waiting on the answer of it,i was wondering if i could go to hawaii with my foreighter passport?i m know it s a national fly but i don t know i have gone to FL,NV and i was fine but since Hawaii is over the sea i m kind of afraid what do you guys think?some people have told me i ll be fine and since i m on immigration process they can not deport me is that true?thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Hawaii is domestic travel. Any form of government issued ID is ok. I did not say US government only.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I would wait until deferred action is approved.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.


For you, travel to Hawaii is no risky than travel to any other airport in the continental U.S. Immigration status is not an issue when traveling domestically. This does not mean to say that travel is risk free. There is always a risk that you will be detained if do not have valid immigration Status and are nevertheless present in the U.S.

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website:

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer