Skip to main content

Florida has county court that your claim can be up to $15000.00, and be your own lawyer. How didicult is this. filing forms etc

Boynton Beach, FL |

Roofer released me from contract IN writing (he did O work.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I am a NJ not FLA attorney, but the court may have pro se forms to help you out. Keep in mind that court personnel cannot give you legal advice, but they can usually steer you to the correct forms and deadlines.
The time and difficulty depend on how much of a battle the other side puts up in court. I am assuming you are either a homeowner or contractor (your post is unclear) and this person owes you money. If you want more information on a breach of contract suit you might find my article on commercial litigation helpful. Also, you may benefit from consulting with a FLA lawyer for the limited purpose of walking through the paperwork and procedure, not appearing in court.


Litigation can be a confusing process, however it doesn't have to be. If you are going to handle a matter in small claims court, the most important thing is to keep all of your documents organized. Maintain files just as a lawyer would and retain copies of all correspondence sent to the opposing parties.

You can pick up literature and forms to assist you in proceeding with your small claims matter at the County Court.

Mark J. Rose, Esq., M.B.A.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer