Skip to main content

Fix it ticket for no front license plate

Los Angeles, CA |

I got a fix it ticket for no front plate, I filed for an extension and got it fixed, started a graveyard shift at work and and started college classes. I forgot all about it!! The fine went from 25 dollars to 811! What can I do to have the fines lowered? I barely make enough money to pay the bills and scrape up money for school, now they want 811 I don't have. Please help me!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You were cited for no front plate. If you show proof of correction, it will usually be dismissed for a small administrative fee (usually $ 10-20). Without proof, it remains as a fine. However, you fail to appear on the date stated on your ticket to either show proof of correction or to pay uncorrected. When you failed to appear, the court added a misdemeanor failure to appear charge.

I suggest to go to court ASAP and schedule a hearing date. If this is your first FTA, ask the court to reduce it from a misdemeanor to an infraction. Most likely, you will be required to pay of a fine for the FTA.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer