Skip to main content

First time Assault charge

Chester, VT |

Hi my name is Amy. Last night my boyfriend, and I got into a huge argument were it ended up becoming physical. I punched him in the face twice, and scratched him. He pushed me to the ground and held me by my wrist against the wall. I am getting a court date for a assault charge. He doesn't want to press any charges on me. So what will I get for disciplines for this being my first charge in 23 years??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The best person to answer this question and help negotiate a favorable resolution to this problem is your criminal defense attorney. If you have not already hired an attorney, I suggest that you do and sit down well in advance of any hearing in order to plan strategy and/or give your attorney time enough to speak with or negotiate with the prosecutor's office. I suggest that you place no further information on the Internet, as the prosecutor's office will routinely check Facebook and other sources of information.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ( Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members:

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.