Skip to main content

First speeding ticket

Beacon, NY |

I got my first speeding ticket didn't realize I was going over 40 I had my cruise control on but anyway I'm looking at my ticket and the officer put down the wrong year of my car. Does that mean I don't have to plea or pay?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


No... that will not get your ticket dismissed. Hire a local traffic court lawyer and you should be able to work out a no/low points and fine.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


The traffic ticket will be amended. Your best bet is to have your or your lawyer discuss this with the municpal prosecutor in Beacon to bargain the disposition, unless you were not speeding and wish to take it to trial.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice which requires all the details, nor creates an attorney client relationship.


No. You should hire a traffic ticket lawyer to handle this for you.


Its a minor error.


Hire a local traffic court lawyer to assist you. Year of car is a minor error. Plead not guilty or have your lawyer do so. Guilty plea to the charges may give you points on license and increase of insurance rates.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer