Skip to main content

First offense burglary in first degree, possession of a stolen firearm, violation of house arrest damaging EM device.

Greenville, SC |

My son is 15 years old and entered a residential dwelling during the nighttime in SC. He was charged with burglary in the first degree. While awaiting trial he was placed on house arrest with an electronic monitor. He violated house arrest, cut off his monitor and ran away. When he returned home, he again left the house and somehow obtained a stolen firearm. What kind of sentencing are we looking at. Prior to these events he had no criminal history.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Your son is facing a very long time in prison if he is being charged as an adult. The First Degree Burglary charge could carry a life sentence itself. Your son needs a good attorney. Good luck.

This response is for informational purposes only and is not intended to convey detailed legal advice on any specific issue. Transmission of the information contained in this response is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. The Law Office of John A. Jackson only practices law where properly authorized to do so and does not seek to represent anyone in any other jurisdiction. This site does not make use of any secure encryption technology, and any transmissions to the Law Office of John A. Jackson may be intercepted by third-parties. DO NOT send us any information that you regard as privileged or confidential. John A. Jackson is licensed to practice law in the State of South Carolina. You should not act upon the information contained herein without first seeking the advice of an attorney licensed to practice in your area.



What if he's charged as a juvenile, and what about the possession of a stolen firearm? Thanks again.

John A. Jackson

John A. Jackson


Even if charged as a juvenile your son needs an attorney. He still could be incarcerated in a juvenile facility. Possession of a stolen firearm is a felony under SC Code 16-23-50 (A)(1) and if convicted your son is looking at a fine of up to $2,000.00 and/or up to five years in prison.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer