Skip to main content

First DUI. Happened to be on a suspended license. 23years of age. Refusal of ALL test. Wondering about court proceedings?

Platte City, MO |

Switched to driver seat in gas station parking lot. There was an officer parked slightly behind building ( no to my knowledge) WHen pulling out of the parking lot, without driving more then 50 feet, was pulled over. The officer went straight to asking if I had been drinking, said no. She asked for insurance etc. my license is suspended. Owner of car was in front seat.. I refused breathalyzer, and when booked UA, AND BA refusal. They were not able to obtain in time with warrant. I do have a lawyer. But he has not really spoken with me about the outcome. I understand I will lose my license for a year because of refusal, however I do not understand what will happen from here on out. Please help me understand what (if any) choices I have from here on out and what process that might entail!!!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I recommend that you immediately contact a local attorney in Platte City MO who specializes in criminal defense. Use the AVVO attorney search bar.

Communication through AVVO does not constitute legal representation. Representation by this law firm can only be established through a written agreement executed by both attorney and client. In the absence of such express representation agreement, this law firm does not represent the recipient or reader and no person or party should rely upon statements, opinions or advice contained herein.


Your choices are going to be to enter a plea bargain or have a trial. I have no idea when you were arrested but it can take several months for your attorney to go through the discovery process and recommend a plea or trial. You need to schedule a sit down with your attorney so he can educate you on the legal process.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


You may well have grounds to suppress evidence based on an illegal stop. The State must establish that the officer has reasonable, articulable suspicion that you were involved in criminal activity, needed his assistance, or that there was some legitimate safety concern that required him stop your vehicle. If the motion were to be granted, all evidence of the illegal stop would be excluded from evidence and the State would have insufficient evidence to proceed to trial. Unfortunately, the lawfulness of the stop is not an issue in the refusal case.

The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements. Use of this website does not create an attorney-client relationship.


You need to make sure you've hired a knowledgeable and experienced DWI Lawyer. Under the same circumstances you describe, being your first offense, it is very possible in St. Louis County, MO for example, to keep your drivers license through a plea deal . Only an experienced DWI Lawyer can properly navigate you through this charge and lay out all of your options.

Please contact me at (314) 561-9690 for help. Answers provided to questions on AVVO are general in nature and do not represent specific legal advice. I am happy to meet with you in person to discuss your case in detail, and at that time I can give you specific advice based on the full facts of your case. *The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer