Fired for stealing at my job in Florida

Miami Beach, FL |

A customers phone came up missing and they accused me when i told them it wasnt me they still fired me with no proof. I did not steal anything and expressed this with them but they still fired me. They have not paid me yet for the days i worked. It has been over three weeks since i have been fired and they still havent given me my check.

Check with human resources department. If not one call or send a certified letter requesting your check. If not received after 60 data consult an atty

Unless you had a contract stating otherwise, the employer was likely within its rights to fire you with or without proof of misconduct. However, you are entitled to be paid for the time you already worked, and you are entitled to unemployment insurance if you didn't steal the phone.

Without an employment contract you can be fired for any reason or for no reason. Tou are entitled to be paid for the work you performed. You should repost this under the employment law section.

You should be paid for the hours you worked.

The response above is intended for informational purposes only. The information provided is not intended to be, nor should it be interpreted as, legal advice or opinion. The reader should not consider this information to be an invitation to an attorney client relationship, should not rely on information presented here for any purpose, and should always seek the legal advice of counsel in the appropriate jurisdiction. Transmission and receipt of the information in this site and/or communication with me is not intended to solicit or create, and does not create, an attorney-client relationship between me and any person or entity.