Skip to main content

Filing probate without a lawyer.

Zion, IL |

Mother died without a will. Can we file probate so house can be sold to pay her bills which most likely are more than the house is worth?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You would still need a lawyer. Too many liability issues.

Is there a will?

Is the property in joint tenancy?

Are there children under 18?

Is a bond required?

Are there specific bequests?

Are there tax issues?

You might be better ff doing nothing, you might not?

Consult a lawyer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer