Skip to main content

Filing PR

Springfield, MO |

My question is quite complex. I married to a US citizen. And then I moved to her place and lived in that place for about 3 months. She has kids over 18 living with her and the home is provided by government.
But because of college & driving I had to move to another place and lived there for about 1 and half year (12 miles away from her place). We have our both name in the lease of the current apt.
Now I'm going to file for PR from the current place. Will there be any problem in future?

I forgot to mention that I used to have argument with his ELDER SON, he always wanted me to get out of the place where they live. That's the main reason why I left her place after 3 months and started living in another apartment. And now her Son doesn't live her anymore. He moved out with his girlfriend and they both have a child just a week ago. Do you think that I should tell the truth the reason behind all these problems when I give the interview

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Assuming that your question has to do with proving good faith marriage in connection with your application for LPR status, yes, not living together with your wife can be a problem. You should contact immigration counsel to help you with this process.

I am changing the designation of this question from family to immigration.

Disclaimer: Contact me at (314) 645-7900 or at to discuss the above answer in more detail if you wish. But if you want legal advice, you will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on the above answer or any other answers on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements. Therefore, I provide the information in this web site for informational purposes only. The information does not constitute legal advice. The use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship with me. Further communication with our attorneys through AVVO, our website at, and/or e-mail may not be considered as confidential or privileged.


Please see the answer to your other question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Very likely going to be a problem. A number of questions arise, such as 1) Why didn't she move with you if you could not live with her? 2) the financial aspect is going to be an issue unless you have a joint sponsor, and somewhat of an issue even with a joint sponsor. Documentation will be key.

Dhenu Savla
SwagatUSA, LLC
Free Phone Consultations Available

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer