I am currently transferring from H1b to B2 and am about to file I-539. My last day and paycheck will be 8/31/2012. I have three questions:
(1) In part 1 when asked about non immigration status (h1b) "Expires on _______" - do I need to state the date of termination of my employment (8/31/2012) or the expiration date on my i-94 which is tied to the period approved in the I-797 approval notice?
(2) Country of issuance of my passport (part 4 subsection 1) - is that the country that issued the passport (same as country of citizenship) or the country where the passport was issued?
(3) Do I need to submit my original I-94 or a copy will do? The form instructions are very vague on that...
1. Your status expires with your job.
2. The country that issued the passport.
The fact that these are very basic questions suggests that it would by highly prudent for you to have an experienced immigration attorney handle the case.
J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.
I agree with Charles and you should consider hiring an attorney or at least consulting with one to make sure that your application is done correctly.
Our Rating is calculated using information the lawyer has included on their profile in addition to the information we collect from state bar associations and other organizations that license legal professionals. Attorneys who claim their profiles and provide Avvo with more information tend to have a higher rating than those who do not.What determines Avvo Rating?Experience & background
Years licensed, work experience, educationLegal community recognition
Peer endorsements, associations, awardsLegal thought leadership
Publications, speaking engagementsDiscipline