Skip to main content

Filing greencard for my wife. Form I-864A relation to sponsor

Bedford, TX |

Can my friend consider as household member science he live in same house hold. If so, then which form do he need to file for co-sponsor?? If form I-864A what option do he need to select or write?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Household members are generally your spouse and children, and any other dependents. A roommate generally doesn't count as a household member. If your friend wants to be a co-sponsor for your application, he/she will have to make enough to support his/her family (him + spouse + kids) plus the person who his is sponsoring. You will need to check out the poverty guidelines on the USCIS website to determine how much he needs to make to be able to qualify as a sponsor. The I-864A is the form that you need, but it generally goes along in a packet with other forms that are sent to you after you file the I-130. To avoid confusion, I would recommend going over this with an attorney in person at a minimum, or to hire an attorney to help you file the forms.

The information given today does not constitute legal advice and does not set up an attorney-client relationship.


I would use the I-864 and hire a lawyer so it is done correctly

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at


I agree with my colleagues.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer