Skip to main content

Filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Prescott, AZ |

I have been out of work for just over a year , and have not been able to pay my credit bills for some time. I've been getting letters in the mail from the cretittors lawyers saying that they want the full amount which is a little under $9,000. Filing for a chapter 7 seems to be my last option and is something that i need to do. But the problem is I have no job, and no money to file or to get any legal advice. So i've heard of a way that i can do this for free but im not sure who to ask or where to look. And i even hear that if i do this wrong that it's going to cost me more to fix it. I was hopeing that someone can tell me how i can take care of this and what i should do. But what I really need is a miracle.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I am not licensed to practice in your state but I can offer some general information.

You may wish to contact a local legal services office who may be able to find you a pro-bono attorney. Also try your local bar association, many have reduced fee and pro-bono panels.

You should contact a local lawyer who will be able to help you with your case and state’s laws.

Good luck.

Robert Kovacs


You may also consider discussing have an attorney or service prepare your bankruptcy documents for you. I offer those services and would be happy to discuss your options. Since you're in Prescott and I'm in the Phoenix area, we could have a telephone conference to discuss your situation.