Skip to main content

Filing civil case federal district court for Social Security Disability denial review. filing complaint question

Gastonia, NC |

In in North Carolina . filing a civil action in federal district court for review of my disability denial by ADJ and refusal to review by the reviews council . When I file my complaint to the courts , Is it acceptable to file as exhibits , a CD ROM which I revived from SSA . My medical records over 430 pages are on the CD , versus me printing 430 pages , is it acceptable to file a copy of the CD ? T Hanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


When you file the complaint, you will either send a copy of the lawsuit certified mail to the US ATtorney in your area, the US Attorney General, and the Commissioner of Social Sedurity - or ask/convince the court to send a copy to those people for you. The government then has about 60 dyas to provide a complete coopy of all the documents and the testimony in your case to you and to the court.

Best of luck to you.

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with Mr. Farrell. You don't have to provide a copy of the record or your claim - that's Social Security's job. Review the record they file to see if you think anything is missing that should be in there, but otherwise the court will work off the copy the Agency files.

Jeremy Bordelon is a licensed attorney in the State of Tennessee only, and is authorized to practice in all Tennessee State and Federal courts, and before the Social Security Administration in any jurisdiction. The answers provided on are for information purposes only, and should not be relied on as legal advice. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. In some jurisdictions, this answer may be construed as attorney advertising.