Skip to main content

Filed "Answer" in lieu of Motion to Quash to comply with "5 day" requirement due to limited legal advice avail during Xmas

Los Angeles, CA |

UD was improperly served (Sun. 12/22); it was rolled-up and inserted between apt. doorknob and door frame.
Should I file an amended Answer to include Motion to Quash (re: improper service) in addition to photos, cps. of checks and other defensive data not completely/sufficiently addressed in original (rushed) Answer filed on 12/27 (rush-filed to comply w/ 5 day requirement - due to lack of legal advice avail. during the Xmas holidays) or let it remain (play-out).

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


An answer constitutes a general appearance. You can no longer contest personal jurisdiction via a motion to quash. If you wish to amend your answer, you must first obtain leave of court via motion unless the plaintiff will stipulate, although since you have answered "improper service" is no longer an issue you can raise.

My answers are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers assume California law. I am licensed in California, only. Answers must not be relied upon.<br> <br> Legal advice and counsel must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. <br> <br> I provide legal advice and counsel during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us.<br> <br> The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential. I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo because I have answered or commented on a question. Specifically, I assume no duty to respond to any question, comment, telephone call, or email because of my participation.<br> <br> All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice or counsel in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult an attorney licensed in the appropriate jurisdiction for advice and counsel. See, also, Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.<br>