Skip to main content

Felony warrant and child custody

San Francisco, CA |

Spouse has a felony warrant against her for cutting me from child. Child has been living with her for more than a year, and I have had very limited access. Can I get child custody on the basis of the felony warrant?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You can ask for it, whether the court grants it or not is another matter. You may have other legal issues in your fvor. You need a family law attorney.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.


Your question is a little vague, "cutting me from child"? Are there orders currently in place? You can ask for anything but the court will use factors from the Family Code with best interest of the child being priority. You need to speak with a family law attorney in your area.

Note this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on. Each situation is fact specific and court specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship


A felony warrant for what now? If you give more information, I'll give you the best answer I can.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer