Skip to main content

Federal Sentencing Guidelines. what is the federal guideline increase for 1,400,000 and is it different for 3 million/

Albany, NY |
Attorney answers 5


Different crimes have different cut off values. For example for theft crimes the proper section for loss amounts is 2b1.1. For drug crimes the table is 2d1.1. For tax evasion it is 2t1.1. For organization crimes it is 2r1.1. So it depends on the type of crime. Good luck.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.


Since you have a lawyer, ask him. If not, look it up on the Interenet.


See the guideline link below.


A review of the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines will provide you with an answer to your inquiry.

Please do NOT use this answer/response to say or do anything regarding your situation. This answer/response is based on the information provided in the question asked and requires a much more complete context than is available in this public forum. BEFORE you say or do anything consult with an experienced Federal and/or state criminal defense attorney in your jurisdiction who will listen to you and your concerns.


U.S.S.G. § 2B1.1(b)(1)(I) adds 16 levels for a loss amount of more than $1 million but not more than $2.5 million, and § 2B1.1(b)(1)(J) adds 18 levels for more than $2.5 million but not more than $7 million. - Joshua Sabert Lowther, Esq., National Federal Defense Group.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer