Skip to main content

Father's - green card holder, mother an illegal immigrant; Mother - expecting baby weeks soon, what is father's custody rights

Jacksonville, FL |

Both parties are not married but, they are expecting a child together. Mother, illegal immigrant is having baby in a few weeks, father does not want to live with mother anymore as they've only known each other for 9 months and wants to end relationship. Mother wants to go back to her country with child once the child is born....what are the father's rights to soon to be baby? Is child allowed to go with mother out of USA?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You should seek a family law attorney in Florida for this. It is not really an immigration question. Yes, the baby will be a US citizen. However, in order for the baby to travel, written permission of the father will be needed for the pasport.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer