Skip to main content

Father of my child wants to take my child away because i no longer want to be in a hurtful relationship we were in

Longview, TX |

he has a gun charge for bringing out a gun infront of our child during a confrentation of him and my current boyfriend. he takes pictures of her holding firearms he owns that are not legally his. he has a anger problem when it comes to things not going his way and makes our child cry often snd come home with swollem eyes. he also has another kid he doesnt even look after...

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It may be that the father of your child is threatening to take the child away because you refuse to continue your relationship with him. However, it is unlikely that a court would allow this based upon the facts that you outline above. I strongly suggest that you seek local counsel to assist you should the father file for custody. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.


I agree with Attorney Lewis. You're going to want an attorney. Even if he wants to take the child away, there's no guarantee he can-- especially if he has a gun charge against him. If you can document this anger problem, you might have grounds for even restricting his visitation if there are orders already in place. I'd strongly recommend finding a local attorney with a free consultation to discuss your options.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer