Skip to main content

Father is residential parent for school placement, and ive already graduated (early)

Grove City, OH |

Im staying at my moms, does he have any way of getting me back? Because I really don't want to go back. Plus he told my mom I can stay as long as her and I decide and his wife emailed us stating they are done with me and not to come back.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Call and ask social services, they should be able to tell you.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.


If you are over the age of 18, then you are able to live where you choose.

If you are still a minor, then any custody or visitation order in place would remain in effect. If this is the case, I would recommend that you ask your mother to consult with an attorney who can review the order and determine any action that may be available.

Best of luck!

Raenell Nagel
Nagel & Dougherty LLC

Serving clients across Ohio

Information provided in this response takes into account only the laws of Ohio. This information is not intended to be used or relied upon as legal advice or opinion about any specific matter or issue. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship between the reader and Raenell Nagel, the law firm of Nagel & Dougherty LLC, or any of its individual attorneys.


If you're 18, it's not an issue. If you're close enough to 18, just stay since your dad is agreeable. Depending on when you turn 18, it's probably more expensive for your mom to file for custody than the gain. Your parents could make the change by agreement filed with the court. It sounds like there was a shared parenting and without seeing the papers, there's probably enough wiggle room in the papers that it won't matter. Too bad about your dad. Work on trying to restore the relationship at some point.

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer