Skip to main content

Fast crinminal question

Abilene, TX |

We are trying to get copies of police reports,warrents, and I guess you would say all the evidence they have against me and my husband. But they won't give it too us what do we do. Cuz they are draggin their feet for my husband lawyer its been 2 months. They said they couldn't give us copies cuz it was still open but we were arrested please help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


All you can do is an open records request... but if it is an open case, there is still alot of information they will not provide to you until the case is closed. You must go through a lawyer.


I agree with the answer posted above. An ongoing criminal investigation (and all criminal cases are ongoing investigations) is an exception to the Texas Open Records act. Therefore, you need to go through a lawyer to get the information you seek.

The information provided above is for informative purposes only. You should hire your own lawyer to get specific legal advice regarding your situation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer