Skip to main content

Family Law and custody

Philadelphia, PA |

I went to court and won primary custody of my daughter. She is 16 going to be 17 on December 9, 2008 and she now left my house to move back with her mother. At this age is there anything I can do.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Assuming your daughter can articulate genuine reasons for wanting to live with her mother and assuming her mother is not unfit, it is not likely that you would be successful. Technically, her mother needs to petition the court to modify the custody order because you continue to have primary custody until the order is actually modified. So technically, she is to reside with you, but it is unlikely that without court intervention the police would force her to return to you at this age without some evidence that it is not safe for her at mothers.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer