Skip to main content


Kingsland, TX |

I'm married and very unhappy husband is mentally abusive i have a 12 yr. old want to take myself and son out of the state of Texas and move back to NJ where my family is. What would my options be as far as leaving and not coming back to texas.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Provided there are not any court orders preventing the removal of the child from Texas, you have the right to live with your child where ever you want. Jurisdiction for any divorce or custody battle will remain in Texas for 6 months after you move. Thereafter, jursidiction over the marriage and child will be in the state where you have established your residence.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer