Skip to main content

Falsifying a birth certificate in illinois

Mattoon, IL |

My husbands ex put her new husbands name on their childs birth certificate. Knowing my husband was the father and has been claiming child support for the child for the last 9 years. Is this legal?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


probably not. have your husband take all the court papers about this child, and a copy of the original birth certificate to a lawyer fast. after the lawyer reviews these papers and talks with your husband, the lawyer can give advice on what to do.


Why have you and your husband waited 9 years to do anything about it? has a DNA test ever been done as far as you know? Was your husband's ex already divorce from your current husband before the child was born and already remarried to her new husband? You need to consult with an lawyer in your local area ASAP

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" PLEASE MARK IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. This information is provided by PEGGY M. RADDATZ, Attorney At Law as a pro bono service. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer