False usc claim LPR

Fort Worth, TX |

How would I find out if I made any false USC claims? Also if I have and I an eligible for the benefit because of my LPR status would it affect my renewal of green card?

Best Answer

It would affect a lot of things but not the renewal. If made, the next inquiry before the claim sticks forever making you inadmissible and ineligible for naturalization with no waiver available, is whether it was a knowingly made claim and if not, whether you officially retracted it the second you figure out you made it.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Thank you very much!!

Have an immigration attorney file a FOIA request for the copy of your entire file with each CBP and USCIS (needs to file 2 FOIAs).

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

As mentioned FOIA Requests can help. Also, your own memory. Why do you believe you made a false claim. A consultation with an immigration attorney may help you figure out if you did or not.

When I was arrested 10+ years ago I may have made the claim but truthfully I can not remember for sure. Also when I renewed a texas ID I may have made the claim but again not sure. How long are DMV applications for id's kept on file?

David Alexander Concha

David Alexander Concha

You will probably need certified arrest and disposition records. As for the DMV records you would either have to contact Texas DMV or a Texas attorney.

Ok thank you very much for the information

As the others stated, the FOIA requests are a good start. One thing that often shows up in the category is when someone gets their Driver's License and accidentally or unknowingly registers to vote. If this is so, you need to immediately get your name off of the voter registration rolls.

FOIA request generally filed to get information with specific agencies. You would need to recall where you could have made such claims. An error might be excused if properly argued, but a deliberate/misleading claim could result in loosing all immigration benefits. Proceed through an attorney, if such possibility exists.