Skip to main content

Failure to Stop at the Red Light - PHOTO RED LIGHT CAMERA

Redwood City, CA |

I was catch by the camera for not stopping at red light by 19 milliseconds . I will try to make it short . I was driving someone else's car and when I got the notice I tried to check on line but it wasn't in their system . I was told that it takes a while , so I waited , but after a while it scared me and I tried to call without success , I went to the court asking for information and they couldn't find my violation and asked me to go to police department . I went there and they gave me the number of the declarant of my notice and turned out that the violation number was wrong by one letter . I missed my court date because I didn't know when I was supposed to go and now I have to pay 900 dollars . I can't afford it . Any chance of reducing it to the initial fine and doing traffic school ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You should explain the situation to the Judge. Go into the Clerk's Office and motion up the ticket. Explain what you did and the Judge should restore the original fine amount.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
Practicing throughout Southern California
(310) 707-7131

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.


My colleague is correct. The big question is that you did not have to get this ticket if your friend did not turn you in. You have to see if you can get this on calendar and explain to judge what happened.


I would appear in court and plead your case to the judge.