Skip to main content

Failure to pay child support, arrerage, and half the medical bills. Can I file for contempt of court or "deadbeat dad" in AZ?

Scottsdale, AZ |

My ex has not paid for anything since the court orders came through, he is now over $1200 behind in child support and hundreds of dollars behind in refunding his half of the medical bills. I've been in contact with the courts who have tried twice to get the paperwork to him to set up payments. The first time they were sending it to an employer he was no longer working for and the second time, I'm not sure whats happened but there have still been no payments of any kind. What are my options? What can I do?
Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It is time to file an Expedited Enforcement Action and take him back to court for non-payment. It doesn't matter that you or the court are unaware of his current employer. The Court Order specifically states that he must make the child support payments directly through the Clearing House at any time that a Wage Assignment is not in place. In Maricopa County, we have Accountability Court, a great program to assist you in collecting unpaid child support and co-pays and educating him on the importance of obeying Court Orders.

Information provided on this site does not constitute legal advice. We offer free initial consultations that require completion of a questionnaire detailing your situation and a personal one-on-one attorney interview to provide qualified legal advice.

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown


It is always a good idea to give priority consideration to the information provided by your state's attorneys as they are most often the best source of up-to-date information on local law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer