Skip to main content

F1 to J1

Chicago, IL |

I am on OPT now and it expires on July 19th. I dont work now. I was told that I can change my status from F1 to J1. Please advise how it can be done. Should I first find an employer who would be willing to file documents or I can do it by myself and then find job?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


J1 is too involved a visa to give you a consultation on AVVO.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Too many unknowns.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer