Skip to main content

F1 to H1B - Can i got for stamping in Canada

New York, NY |

1) 2008 to 2012 - Did study in USA on F1B
2)2013 my company filled H1B for me.
Now i am thinking to go canda and get stamping .....can i go?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Generally speaking, assuming you are otherwise admissible to Canada (i.e. have a proper visa if one is required) then yes. Keep in mind, however, that if for some reason the visa is refused you will not be allowed back into the U.S. and will have to consular process in your home country. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for advice specific to your situation.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.


If the Embassy/Consulate is willing to process the application, then yes. However, there is no guarantee that a visa will be issued.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Hi there- check with the consulate first. They keep changing the rules. Last I heard, consulates in Canada were only stamping H1s is you had a previously stamped H1, else you had to go to your home country. If they are still following this, you can easily find out before you go there and get stuck.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.