Skip to main content

Eye prescription was made wrong by Wal-Mart optical for a 8 yr old boy. Boy wore glasses for 8 months . Needs new glasses.

Merrimack, NH |

Boy now has to get new glasses made the correct way another expense for parents.

+ Read More

Filed under: Personal injury
Attorney answers 5


Hopefully Wal-Mart will make new glasses for the boy free. I would speak to a manager about the situation and see if they are willing to do that. I assume the boy sustained no injury by wearing the wrong glasses, in which case you might pursue an injury claim.

Good luckl



Parents do not want Wal-Mart to make new glasses trust issue. Boy lost 8 months now has to start over..


I agree with my colleague, double check with your doctor to make sure there is no long term injury. Speak to a good PI attorney in your area.


See the manager at Walmart about getting Boy new glasses for free.


I am not sure there's anything actionable here. Unless you can show damage to his eyes which is not correctable, it does not appear to me that this is case worth pursuing. Perhaps Walmart will consider helping you with the expense of the new parable glasses.

DISCLAIMER: This does not constitute legal advice. By providing the requested information you are not entering into an attorney-client relationship with this law firm. Only a written retainer agreement between you and our law firm can create such a relationship. We are only licensed to practice in NH and Massachusetts.


Walmart should replace the lenses with the correct prescription at no charge. Speak to the manager. If he has suffered any long term damages to his eyes then speak to a local personal injury attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer