Skip to main content

Exgirlfriend just called her neice accused me of doing something to her. Her mother is out for blood.

Indio, CA |

Was with my 2 daughters when this neice came over to help while ex girlfriend was at work.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


What's your question?


Ultimate defense to these kind of cases is the truth. If she is telling the truth, you have no case for defamation or slander. However, you also could look into intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Nothing stated throughout any post, blog (or related comments of any type) made by Mattthew Krupnick, any member, employee or agent of his firm, KRUPNICK & KRUPNICK, A Professional Law Corporation (collectively referred to as the "FIRM"), is meant to be in any way construed or to be deemed to be legal advice for any person or any purpose regardless of whether it seems it is or is mean to be such by the FIRM through any express or implied statements, comments, communications or questions made by the FIRM. Also, the FIRM expressly disclaims any potential for anything said or done on this sight to in any way create or in any way form an attorney-client relationship with any person or entity reading, relying upon, or using the information provided by the FIRM, which has been provided for informational purposes ONLY. Only upon an in-person or telephonic meeting to discuss any particular legal issue AND the signed of a proper fully executed written retainer agreement could any such relationship be formed or for the FIRM to become obligated in any way to anyone through the use of this site or the information contained on the site. The responses, comments, questions raised, or issues addressed herein are all being provided SOLELY for informational purposes and should under no circumstance be relied upon as or viewed as giving legal advice or counseling of any sort Should such a relationship be desired, client would have to contact attorney to discuss that and other issues in person, by phone, or at least in private. Information provided on this site should not ever be relied upon without consulting with a knowledgeable attorney in your area and/or practicing in the field for which your question relates. We hope the information is helpful, but it is imperative that you know that no attorney-client or other relationship is formed by the providing or reading of this information. Should there be ANY confusion about this important issue, please address it BEFORE allowing attorney to respond to your question and before any follow-up questions, calls, or emails to said attorney.. Otherwise, it will be deemed to have been understood by all parties participating on this site that the above is true and that any response by the FIRM cannot ever subject the FIRM or any individual part of it to any legal responsibility, liability or other claims for damages if you rely on any information provided without properly retaining the FIRM for true legal advise.


It appears that you are concerned about potential criminal charges. Set up a meeting with an attorney as soon as possible.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice. Mr. Leroi answers questions on Avvo because he strongly believes in public service from his years as a judge, magistrate, and prosecutor. If you need to ask any follow up questions because my answer did not fully address your question, feel free to call Chris or post an additional question. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer