Skip to main content

Ex wife is bashing on Facebook/messaging my employees

Canton, NY |

My boyfriends ex wife had bashed my boyfriend on facebook a few months ago saying how he is a horrible father and doesnt love his daughter, that he cheated on her and what not. Recently she messaged an employee of mine and was telling her about our past and all these lies. The employee as far as i know understands the things she is saying is not true. What can i do about this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


If there is a pending proceeding, file for a restraining order prohibiting these communications. Otherwise, these could be a basis for an order of protection in family court.

However, there is nothing one can file in a court to make a person grow up.

Good luck.


Based on his harassment, you may try to get an Order of Protection.

I am an attorney with over a decade of experience in Matrimonial and Family Law with offices in Brooklyn and Manhattan. I have experience in all five boroughs as well is Nassau and Suffolk County. I can be reached any time at 347-289-5886. The opinion expressed in this ad based upon the limited information provided and do not indicate an attorney-client relationship



I heard of serving a cease and desist of libel? We have a custody case coming up soon.


You can get a protective order if there is anything threatening or you can sue for slander.


I don't think you would meet the "intimate relationship" standard to get an order of protection from family court. Without more, it might be difficult to get a criminal court OP. in any event, file a police report.


You and/or your boyfriend may be able to get an order prohibiting such conduct, but ignoring it may be a more effective way to make it stop--it would certainly be cheaper. Good luck!

Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: All of Ms. Brown's responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.