Skip to main content

Ex wants to retire early this june at the age of 55. does not want to continue paying child support.

Carlsbad, NM |

Ex wants to retire early from their job. does not want to pay anymore child support ($275/ mo) for one child. Due to their income going from $75,000/yr to $45,000/yr. My income may go up later part of the year if contracts are signed. only going up $3000/yr.

Also there are no illness from them that are causing the early retirement

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You should ask a question instead of making a statement, but i presume that you would ask that can you keep his child support where it at based on underemployment? Answer is maybe, best to hire an attorney


If a party is voluntarily unemployed or underemployed you can ask the court to impute income to him at the level he was previously. If you're not comfortable with doing this yourself, a local attorney can help you.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.



Is it possible that they can do this? Im worried I may end up having to pay them because my income may be going up. Are there other cases like this?