Skip to main content

Ex roommates kids secreting themselves into my rented room to spy on me. Didn't call cops first time. Is that tacit approval?

Sacramento, CA |

Ex roommates kids enter and watch me from the attic. Telling them to leave no effect. Calling parent no effect. Didn't.want to involve law enforce. Becausei didn't feel in at harm initially.: But it escalated into death threats and child molestation accusations which are false as the sky is blue. How or.what to do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


What you describe is a criminal and a civil wrong. However, when dealing with kids, it makes little sense to think of a lawsuit. Keep in mind that there are peeping tom laws that are supposed to prevent this kind of behavior, and to punish it if it happens. Here the kids have had fair warning. You are being injured in that your privacy is being violated. Call the police.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.


Move out


Get away from these people, call the cops, and consult a criminal defense attorney if you're under threat of a criminal investigation as a result of these allegations. Also, get a lawyer to send the parents a legal letter.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.