Skip to main content

Ex parte order in alabama by childs father. I am the mother and live in NY. have not been served.

Watertown, NY |

My daughters father informed me he has an ex parte order stating he has full legal and physical custody of our daughter. He is a felon in Lawrence County Alabama. He was arrested on Feb 12th 2011 and charged with 2nd degree unlawful manufacturing of a controlled substance (Class B) and was convicted of this October 5th 2011. He is on probation in Lawrence county. He states that he has a amended ex parte giving him full legal and physical custody of our daughter. when he first said he had did this he said judege glenn thompson ordered it. Then I informed him I was seeking help up here (NY) and that I was going to court because our daughter does not want to go to him and is terrified of him taking her. What can I do, if anything?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If your daughter is here with you for more than 6 months, NY is the home state. Bring a proceeding to suspend his visitation until all conditions of his criminal probation are met and for visitation to be in New York, supervised.



I have not been in NY for 6 months yet. only a month. I am trying to do everything I can to make it to six months. We also have a PFA granted by one judge and he supposedly went to another judge to get the ex parte.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer