Skip to main content

Ex is not following supervised visitaion court orders

Adelanto, CA |

i have supervised visitations with my child, i have schedule visits with my child through a professional supervisor for the last 4 weeks or so , mother has every excuse not to meet with the professional and its the second visition moniter in over 4 weeks.... what do i file in court do i file a exparte that the mother is not compling with orders or do i file a osc contempt. what do i do.HELP

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Better to file a Request For Orders to modify the order. If you file for contempt, then it may stay the whole visitation process.


I agree that you should file a Request For Order (RFO) this can take 30-45 days or You can file an Ex-parte and seek an order shortening time. You must show imminent harm for an ex-parte to be granted. If the court denies because you do not make a showing of imminent harm, then if the court grants your shortening time, you may get to have a hearing in a shorter period of time. Hire an attorney or go to you local family law court house and seek the assistance of the self help center. Good Luck.

This does not create an attorney client relationship. Responses are fact specific and the response may differ depending on the facts of each case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer