Skip to main content

Ex & I live in 2 different school districts. How do we give his mom temp custody so she can go to school from her home?

Bel Air, MD |

We've had a school boundary exception for 3 years allowing our daughter to get on & off the bus at her grandmothers house for elementary school. The boundary exception was denied this year. We want our daughter to continue going to this same school. Her grandmother's house is an in between meeting spot for her father & I. And this allows us to know there is someone there to get her on & off the bus daily. Due to my ex & I's work schedule we could not be there at these times to ensure that she safely gets on the bus. We would like to grant temporary guardianship to his mother so that we can use her address for schooling purposes during the school week/year only. Is this possible?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


What you are proposing is possible, but I would not recommend that you do this without consulting a family law attorney and establishing very strict limitations on the purpose of the temporary guardianship. It may make more sense to contact the school district and appeal the denial of the exception. Good luck with this.

This is not a substitute for a consultation with a family law attorney in your community.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer