Even though someone posts bail that doesnt meen that there off scott free correct?

Nokomis, FL |

This person was arrested for domestic violence as well as use of a deadly weapon without force. Their 3 year old was present during the alltercation, and DCF is involved. Will he have to go back to court and possibly face prison time?

The purpose of bail is to make sure that the person returns to court on the scheduled court appearances. It does not mean that they are not guilty. Good luck with this unfortunate situation.

www.lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at www.lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com

You are absolutely correct. The posting of bail has nothing to do with whether or not the State will proceed with a case against them and what the end result will be. Chances are, he will have to go back to court and could possibly be looking at incarceration.

He is not free and clear. He can indeed face prison time as the case proceeds.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

The case is just in its preliminary stages. The accused needs a lawyer.

There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL.org) Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members: http://tinyurl.com/8ru8wtv

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.

Correct.